Today I'll be reviewing a BB cream everyone's been raving about - Holika Holika's best seller - Aqua Petite Jelly BB Cream in #02! (See picture below)
AQUA PETITE JELLY BB SPF 20 PA++
[UV Protection and Sun Care Cosmetic]
Fully Water-Charged Aqua Petite Jelly
Jelly BB makes moist and bouncy jelly skin.
Has jelly texture that helps spread evenly and creates
fully hydrated and shiny skin. It is also perfect for covering
up facial blemishes.
#01 - Aqua Beige (lighter)
#02 - Aqua Neutral (darker)
I won't say this is cheap but it's not that expensive also compared to most BB Creams.
Very jelly-like, very thin and a little difficult to spread because it dries really quick.
Light-medium coverage. Not exactly as good as I expected but since it has a thin consistency, light coverage is what you should expect. It can be built up but just be careful not too put too much for it can make you look a little cakey.
This lasts reaaaally long! Which I love specially in a humid weather.
I got #02 which is the darker shade but it's still very light on me. I can pull it off in the morning though but I advise you not to wear this at night for it will make you look like a ghost. People with very fair skin might like the shade a lot I think.
The finish is definitely matte for this is meant for oily skin however a lot of people with dry skin tends to like this a lot too because of it's moisturizing properties.
- The texture is great for oily skin! Non-sticky, non-greasy, you won't feel like there's any oil content!
- Has a matte finish
- Longest lasting BB Cream I've tried
- Really good oil control
- Has SPF 20 PA ++ (which is low though I always wear sun cream underneath anyway)
- #02 (darker shade) is little too light for my skintone. I asked my friend to try it and she has the same opinion!
- Not ideal for night time (will make you look like a ghost)
- Dries really quick
- Difficult to spread (I advise you to pat it on)
- Contains paraben and dimethicone :( ..and gave me little bumps :(
This would have been the perfect BB Cream for oily skin however it contains harmful ingredients which made my skin feel irritated and itch. At the first few days I felt fine but after wearing this everyday for two weeks I noticed that my skin felt a little itchy so I stopped using it and the feeling went away. The worst part is what I read on the box, it says:
1. If you experience ant of the following symptoms while using this product please terminate use immediately. If you continue to use and problems persist consult a dermatologist.
a.) Please terminate use if your skin develops bright spots, experience selling or itching
b.) Please terminate use if your skin experience the above mentioned symptoms after direct exposure to sunlight
2. Do not use on scars, blisters, or skin inflammations.
I've never had a BB Cream with a warning as scary as that! OH WELL, so much for the hype.. I won't be using this again any time soon. Or I might not use it anymore! I understand why people have been loving this BB Cream a lot but I'd rather be on the safe side.