February 13, 2014

CHOCOLATE-SCENTED Eyebrow Powder ~ Skinfood




I was looking for a good eyebrow powder that would help my eyebrows look more neat and I found this - Skinfood Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake. It smells and looks like chocolate which is so cute! I've seen good reviews on this one which urged me to get it allthough I couldn't compare it with other ones since it's my first eyebrow powder. With that said, here's my review:


Description:

"Each kit contains soft, Cocoa extract to define & shape the brows, plus a complimenting setting powder to keep them looking .. WOW! Set comes complete with blending brush."

Comes in 2 shades:

  • 01 - Grey Khaki Black
  • 02 - Grey Brown 

I have it in 02 Grey Brown.


Packaging:

The packaging is really cute, like a small piece of chocolate! If you look at the mirror, it's pretty big which is cool. Also, it comes with a brush.


Both sets have two colors. This one comes with a brown shade and a grey brown.

P.S. I've used it quite a few times pardon it for being dirty.

Fragrance:

The product smells like chocolate! It has a delicious smell of cocoa which makes me want to eat chocolate. The description says it has cocoa extract so that's probably where it came from. 

Performance:

My first impression of this was that it's definitely multi-purpose. You can use the brown shade as a contour powder and eye shadow other than it being an eyebrow powder. The color is very subtle as well which makes it look quite natural. It's also long lasting. Even after a whole day of wearing this, it's still there. However, the colors don't exactly match my black eyebrows, so I just use this for contouring purposes. Here are some swatches. As you can see, the colors look very subtle.

Upper: Brown
Lower: Grey Brown

Without

With 
(doesn't match my black brows)

Conclusion:

A decent eyebrow powder. Very subtle and long lasting. It's not exactly the right shade for me so I use it for contouring purposes because the finish is just so natural looking and it lasts quite long wherever you put it.

Pros
  • Cute packaging
  • Comes with a brush 
  • Comes with a mirror
  • Has two colors in a set
  • Subtle colors 
  • Looks natural
  • Will look perfect for people with brown hair
  • Can be used as a contour powder 
  • Has a pleasant smell of chocolate!
Cons
  • Shade doesn't go well with my black eyebrows 

Repurchase:

Definitely!

10 comments:

  1. I'd love to see how it smells if it smells like chocolate!

    Char | Char's Insights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the review! I love the product ^^

    macabrefledgling.blogspot.cz
    ✿ Rinako ✿

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww your review makes me want to buy it!!!
    I can't believe it smells like chocolate! :D~~
    check out my blog please?
    charrmyn.blogspot.com
    xxox Charmaine

    Charrmyn [Click!~] || Etude House Krystal Makeup Tutorial [Click] ||New OOTD! [Click!~]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking these looks way too light for anyone who needs real filling. It's too bad the colors are so off =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! It smells like chocolate? If I bought one, I would probably eat it! Haha JK!
    Btw, I already followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, hope you follow back! Thanks!

    sianemico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the
    Chocolate scented eyebrow Powder Skinfood review with us! I have jet black hair and use a charcoal eyebrow for my eyebrows. I will definitely look into itت
    www.fashionphases.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! we love the versatility of the product and how it comes with a flat brush to fill your brows with. We too have darker brows, so this probably won't work to well for us either :( Great review though!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Yes it's natural! Right now I'm using the skinfood choco eyebrow powder for almost a month and I've been addicted to its smell! It smells like kisses chocolate. I got mine from goods.ph (https://www.goods.ph/skin-food-choco-eyebrow-4661.html), the shop is based here in the Philippines. Does the skinfood has foundations?

      Delete
  9. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
    beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything
    is perfect!
    Natural Eyebrow Powder
    https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog

    ReplyDelete