January 27, 2014

REVIEW: The Face Shop Dessert Lip Balm



Hate applying lip balm with your fingers? Try The Face Shop's Dessert Lip Balm! I bought this product for the exact reason - I hate touching my lips and the balm. It's just so unhygienic. This product is already half empty, and here's my review thus far:


Price:

I got this around Php 400 I think - pretty expensive for a lip balm but it lasts you a long time.

Packaging: 

This comes in 3 colors - Strawberry (red), Honey (yellow), and Orange (orange). The packaging is super cute and about the size of a tennis ball. The applicator looks like a small stick with a honeycomb-shaped end. 

Just open the top lid and you get and applicator, open the bottom lid and you get the lip balm! 





 Consistency:

It has a thicker consistency compared with other lip balms. If you like lip gloss, this also makes your lips glossy.

Pigmentation:

Most people claim this to have slight pigmentation but I just want to emphasize the "SLIGHT" meaning I can't go out wearing this alone. But that's understandable for a lip balm.



Fragrance:

Definitely has a sweet scent to it. Somewhat like candy :D

Performance:

It does moisturize your lips. I just wish the consistency was less thick and glossy. I mean, even if you put this on overnight, it won't be fully absorbed the next morning unlike other lip balms where your skin absorbs the moisture. But since my lips are extremely dry and patchy, of course this still helps me out.

Functionality wise, It's exactly what I need.... AT HOME. I don't really bring this out much because it takes time to open the lid, get the applicator, open another lid and dip the applicator in it. All the stick-type balms I've tried just aren't moisturizing enough.



It doesn't have much of a tint but it makes your lips look more moisturized and glossy.

Conclusion:

Good lip balm but not the best. Perfect for use at home.

Pros

  • Very cute packaging!
  • Sweet scent
  • Subtle tint
  • Moisturizing
  • Can be used as a gloss
  • Good functionality (Applicator is good for massaging the lips as well)
  • Hygienic



Cons

  • Lips don't absorb the product overnight
  • Takes time to apply
  • I wish it had more pigmentation
  • I wish it was less thick and glossy


Repurchase?

It's a good product but I've tried better ones so I think I'll try something else next time.

Have you tried this? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment