January 28, 2014

REVIEW: Holika Holika Oil Queen Cotton Primer SPF15


Do you have oily skin? Does your makeup oxidize faster than you can say sayounara? Here's a product from Holika Holika that will make your oil-related makeup problems go away. The Holika Holika Oil Queen Cotton Primer!


I bought this after reading so many reviews about it and now I have a review of my own. After using this for 3 months, this is now my current favorite primer for my oily skin. 

Description & Ingredients:

Holika Holika Oil Queen Cotton Primer SPF15



Price:

This is less than Php 500 i think (less than 10 bucks) for 30 ml. Fair price for something that works pretty well.

Packaging:

The packaging is really simple but cute. It works as a pump but you can control the amount you get. The design is very cute as well (a queen cotton yay!).



Consistency:

The consistency of this primer is like a cc cream but less sticky. It makes your skin a little bit smoother and moist. It doesn't emphasize dry patches like some oil-controlling primers do. Also, this product goes on white (really white) but adjusts to your skin after a few minutes. 




Performance: 

It controls my oil and helps my makeup stay longer! For someone super oily like me I think this product is a success. It has done a noticeable difference to the oil production of my skin since I usually go out and it is very hot in my country. It doesn't make my skin look perfect (smooth and glowing kk) but it does the oil controlling part so I'm happy. 

Conclusion:

It does its job well. Good job Queen Cotton!

Pros
  • Controls oil for an ample amount of time (like the whole day)
  • Makes skin feel a bit smoother and moist
  • Has SPF 15


Cons
  • Low SPF

Note: I used to love Etude House Sun Prise Smooth Primer (which is just as good and has higher SPF) but it broke me out. This is my new favorite primer since it works just as well although I wish it had more sun protection.

Repurchase?

I might try to find something that has a higher SPF but works just as well ;D and then I'll make an update.

Do you have this? What do you think?

Thank you for reading :3 

5 comments:

  1. That product is so cuuuteee! :3

    xx http://niculeley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I followed you and left a comment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I followed you back and left a comment too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm really interested with this product but i might try to find something that can make the pores less visible!
    nice review anyway!
    and if you don't mind please visit my blog ( i just started it) and follow me on bloglovin , i promise i'll do the same ^_^ <3
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11930137

    ReplyDelete