January 29, 2014

REVIEW: Skinfood Tomato Jelly Lip Tint in #3 Orange


Lip tint, Lip Balm, & Lip Gloss all-in-ONE! That was my first impression of this product. Seems too good to be true but let's find out with this review:



Description:
 "This lip tin gel with tomato extract nourishes and moisturizes the lips, while giving a long-lasting flush to lips."
Comes in 3 variants: 

#1 Cherry - Red
#2 Berry - Pink
#3 Orange - Orange

I got the #3 orange shade.

Packaging:

The packaging is really cute! As with all Skinfood products. Although it's not that high quality but I dont really mind.


Pigmentation & Consistency:

I got the orange shade and I was hoping for orange but it appears quite pink on the lips. I already knew the Tomato Jelly Tint line was going to have pink shades based on most reviews, that's why I got the orange. But it still turns out pink.

Anyway, the product has a light tint to it which looks so natural on the lips. If you let me be the judge I'd say this one has a pinky-orange tint with purple undertones to it. It glides smoothly on your lips (not sticky) and it doesn't settle into fine lines.




Performance:

For a lip tint, it's really moisturizing unlike others I've tried. The tint also lasts really long even if you eat or drink! The glossiness goes away but the tint is still there (unless you rub it vigorously). The finish is very glossy (not sure if I like that) but it makes your lips look healthy.


                                With Tomato Jelly Lip Tint                Without Tomato Jelly Lip Tint

Conclusion:

This is probably the most moisturizing lip tint I've ever tried! If only it had an orange shade and slightly less gloss then it would have been my favorite (so many requirements?). My favorite still remains to be Etude House Fresh Cherry Lip Tint which I reviewed (HERE).

Pros

  • Moisturizing
  • Tint lasts long
  • Looks natural (more so if it was less glossy)
  • Non-sticky


Cons

  • I wish it were orange
  • I wish it was less glossy


Repurchase?

If it were orange and had slightly less gloss I'd buy 10 more of these kkk.

Have you tried this? What do you think? If you have other suggestions, just comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment