January 31, 2014

REVIEW: Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer - Balance



If your looking for a high-definition primer that will cover your pores, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer works pretty well. This product has been popular with professional makeup artists which is why I got this a while back. However, it's really pricey for a makeup product that's only 30 ml. After using this for a while, here's what I think:

Description:

The reason this product is purple is because that color is known to brighten dull skin tone. It's an oil-free, lightweight foundation primer that makes skin smoother, cover pores and create the perfect canvass for makeup. Apply alone or under foundation.

Packaging:

I'm not exactly a fan of the packaging. It's just a plastic tube with a black screw cap.

It says "Apply on clean or moisturized skin".


Consistency:

The product definitely has a silicone-feel to it.


However, it's easy to blend.


And has a thin consistency.

It's not exactly purple once you spread it out. It goes on clear, which I'm not a fan of. I bought a purple primer and it goes on clear. It just knocked out it's own purpose. Oh well, at least it still covers my pores.
Performance:

Makes makeup application easier and helps it last longer. It has minimal oil control, but the pore coverage is excellent. I don't see makeup seeping into my pores when I use this. My only problem with this is it's not exactly purple and it feels like I have silicon on my face. 

Conclusion:
Good pore-cover primer but too pricey compared to other brands with the same function. Feels a bit heavy for me but it's perfect to use if your attending special events for that flawless makeup finish.
Pros

  • Makes your skin a smooth canvass
  • Covers Pores
  • Prevents makeup from caking
  • Prevents foundation from seeping into pores

Cons

  • The packaging
  • Feels a bit heavy on skin
  • Feels silicone-y
  • Too pricey for a single function primer

Repurchase:

I like it... but not enough to buy it again. I'm sure I can find something better and cheaper.

12 comments:

  1. This is an amazing review darling!!
    I'm following you now.
    I've been thinking about buying it or not.
    I don't like the idea of have silicon on my face :(

    Best wishes,

    Julieth Zuleta
    http://glamourattic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    It does feel like that especially when your face starts to sweat :(
    Anyway, I dropped by your blog, it looks amazing :D
    Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. From the picture I can kind of sense that it IS plastic-y or slicone-y too haha. Hmm for the price you paid, I agree, we can just find something similar but cheaper!

    Hope we can follow each other on GFC :)
    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Etude House My Blooming Lips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I nominated you for the liebster award, check it out on my blog http://jessxxoxo.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. the purple looks a little scary at first! But like you said, there's cheaper primers out there that work just as well! Great review!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thanks haha thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  7. looks interesting and i think it is probably a good thing it dries clear as you would not want a purple face! New GFC follower x

    mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point!! haha Thanks I just followed you back! See you around :)

      Delete
  8. I agree, it's a bit too pricey and packaging is not that great x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been debating whether or not to get this for so long but could never part with the money :/

    Cloey
    The Student Blog x

    ReplyDelete